V Habanero Gold Jelly
From the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. Makes three 8 ounce or six 4 ounce jars. This jelly is good with soft cheeses such as Camembert or Brie.
1/3 cup finely sliced dried apricots
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped seeded red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped seeded habanero pepper
3 cups granulated sugar
1 pouch liquid pectin
1. In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine apricots and vinegar. Cover and let stand at room temp for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Prepare canner, jars and lids.
3. Add red onion, red pepper and habanero peppers to apricots. Stir in sugar. Over high heat, stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Stir in pectin. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam.
4. Quickly pour hot jelly into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip tight.
5. Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove jars, cool, and store.