Displaying a Single Post |
Show Recent Posts
September 22, 2019
Registration Open for 2019 Late Fall CSA
Notes From The Field
by Farmer Dana
Sweet potatoes will be plentiful in shares during the final month of the Main Season as well as the Late Fall CSA.
Registration is now open for the 2019 Late Fall CSA!
2019 marks the 8th Late Fall CSA season!
- Offering a mix of fresh and storage crops like lettuce, spinach, radicchio, arugula, mizuna, bok choy, kale, collards, chard, cabbage, Napa cabbage, herbs, leeks, garlic, onions, beets, watermelon radishes, daikons, turnips, carrots, celeriac, kohlrabi, potatoes, rutabaga, and sweet potatoes. It's basically an extension of the Main Season share. We use season extension techniques and infrastructure such as the unheated high tunnel, hoop house, and hoop tunnel; the minimally heated greenhouse; low hoops; and row covers to provide fresh crops as well as storage crops.
- Eight week season begins the week of November 11th (immediately following the conclusion of the Main Season) and ends the week of December 30th.
- Full ($240), Medium ($175), and Half Shares ($130) available. Price/week remains the same as prior seasons. Half Shares will be assigned same A/B week as Main Season unless a different week is requested.
- Pick up day options include Wednesday 1-8pm and Saturday 11am-1pm (you choose a day but you can switch temporarily by notifying us in advance) however...
- (During the week of Thanksgiving, Late Fall Harvest Week #3, Wednesday's pick up will take place on Tuesday, November 26th to accommodate travelers and holiday schedules and...during the week of Christmas, Late Fall Harvest Week #7, Wednesday's pick up will take place on Thursday, December 26th.)
- No work requirement/discount.
- The total number of shares available is about half that of the Main Season, so sign up soon!