Displaying a Single Post |
Show Recent Posts
December 17, 2017
Farmer Food - Easy and Tasty Ideas for You
How I Enjoyed My Harvest
by Dana Hunting
Spinach ready for harvest!
Here are some ways we enjoyed our produce this past week:
- Salad radishes, hakurei turnips, daikon radishes: Cut into chunks and roasted in the oven with a small chicken* for about 75 minutes at 375. Sprinkled with salt of course.
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes: Cut into fry shape and roasted at 375 for about 75 minutes, until crispy. Used organic coconut oil this time (purchased in bulk 5 gallon jug from Jedwards). If you use organic coconut or olive oils you should consider buying in bulk from them. Very, very cost efficient.
- Kale: Sauteed with leeks in olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, and put between two tortillas with cheddar cheese* for an easy quesadilla.
- Lettuce/greens mix: salads and smoothies.
- Kohlrabi: Sliced and ate with cheddar cheese*.